Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Friday, April 1, 2011

Wrestlemania XXVII

Is this Sunday evening.. With the quality of the PPVs in the last year, I can't say I'm all that excited about this years event. I was interested in seeing The Royal Rumble. But that had to do with the gimmick main event match. And even that, isn't what it used to be. With the number draws leading up to the event.

Will the streak end, or will The Game prevail where HBK could not.. two years in a row. I can't imagine at this point that The Undertaker will lose at Wrestlemania until he's ready to retire, and maybe not even then. I could easily see him retire with the streak intact.

As for the rest of the card, I can't even remember much of it, except Cena, Miz and The Rock. For a four hour show, they sure don't seem to have a lot of must see buzz about things. Maybe they expect buy rates to spike to see Cole get trashed by The King. Im not all that interested in that match either. Oh, we know that Cole has been training. As they've told us that week after week, with Swagger. Not that they couldn't have shown us some vignettes of the training or something..

I suppose this may have something to do with them pretty much killing anything that wasn't singles competition. No tag team division, no light weight division, and no womens division to speak of.. No variety

Guess we'll have to see how it all plays out. After all, it can't come close to being as bad as the last TNA PPV.. Where is my Sting Vs The Undertake at Wrestlemania main event. I would have liked to have seen that one..

And as for the WWE Hall of Fame.. They can't even show that until the next day. Or two days later here. Why not make it part of the show. They went four hours, why not five. I'm currently more interested in the HoF than I am most of the event card.

No comments:

Post a Comment