Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Saturday, April 16, 2011

SCRE4M

Off the top I will point out immediately, that I thought this was a great movie. One of the better ones that I managed to see lately.

Now, it's been a long time since I've seen the original trilogy. But I was entertained with the throwbacks to the 90s and the first three. And the right mix of humor thrown in.

Of course, it's not exactly original, but then I have to wonder what people expect to be coming from Hollywood these days anyway.

It kept me guessing to the end about who the killer was going to turn out to be. And I had a few solid choices by the end.

If I had any problems it was at the very end. Once they had Sid, Jill and Gail in the hospital.

Once Jill ripped off all her hospital gear, a nurses station somewhere should have lit up like christmas tree. And the hospital seemed to be strangely deserted. Even for the middle of the night.

Once nurses and security didn't come running, I was thinking that they knew. And this was the setup to catch Jill red handed. Until Dewey and Gail had that realization, 'How did she know I was stabbed in the shoulder?" moment, and then I became aware that things just seemed to get sloppy at the end.

Maybe it's because I've been watching a lot of wrestling lately, but the sequence of false finishes at the very end was at least mildly interesting. And I fully expected Officer Judy to be dead.

Supposedly this is supposed to be the first of a new trilogy. If so, that's great. I wouldn't mind seeing some more. If they can manage to keep them all at this level.

4 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment