Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Thursday, April 7, 2011

PRISON BREAK S1

Just managed to finish watching Prison Break Season One.

When it was originally airing I can say, that I didn't have much interest in it. And I'm glad I didn't see it until now. I may not have liked it that much, since I was into 24 at the time. And one such series was enough.

But now being able to watch the episodes back to back (Via Netflix) the series has been quite enjoyable. Albeit obviously a take on 24 in most every way.

The show is a prime example how good an ensemble cast can be. The actors have been good, and the standouts would be Abruzzi and T - Bag. Those two were fantastic actors, who seemed to excel at playing total dirtbags. Especially T - Bag. Abruzzi was just creepy and sinister. Stormare plays it well. I remember him from Constantine when he was playing Lucifer.

But, if you don't like 24, you probably won't like this show. They follow the formula perfectly. Cliffhangers, mini cliffhangers, every commercial break, at the end of every episode. Twists and turns, and plot changes. Mostly good things, keeps you guessing. And tries to hold your interest. Although, as I mentioned I may not have liked it as much if I had watched it while it was airing. Having to wait every week for the next installment.

Having to suffer through Lost that way and then with the hiatuses just killed my interest in that show. We shall see how Prison Break turns out, starting on Season Two now, and I guess it only went to four. Probably a good thing as well, I was getting worn out on 24 by the time it ended it's run.

So, great show.

4 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment