Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Unstoppable

The runaway train movie starring Denzel Washington and Chris Pine of Star Trek fame. I'm sure you have all seen the trailers by now. Not a bad movie, directed by Tony Scott famous for lots of action and high octane movies. I'd almost call him the good Michael Bay.. But I don't actually dislike Bay that much.

I'm glad I didn't spend money to go see it in theatres. The action gets started right away, not much time is wasted. Everything starts gearing up almost from the beginning. And proceeds rather expectedly through the length of the movie.

Bottom line, not a total waste of time. Was worth a rental. But imminently forgetable. When is Denzel going to do something great again. I like both him and Pine. But, off the top of my head I can't think of a great movie with Denzel since Training Day or American Gangster 4 years ago.

3 out of 5 stars Rent it or wait for TV

No comments:

Post a Comment