Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cataclysm Crash

Well, it's been what?? About two and a half months since it was released. And I think I'm done.

Everything was going well for awhile, but the old MMO burnout crept in and I didn't feel like leveling anymore. I always wanted a high level Priest to be group friendly and for PvP. I had one on Alliance that was sitting about level 63. Since I don't play Alliance anymore I started my Horde one.

The new revamped low level zones were awesome. They really did put a lot of work into them. Not just some cosmetics either. Not only did most of the zones have changes, but all the quests and everything. It would seem they did go back and totally re-write and update graphically and geographically almost every zone I passed through.

So, when I got out of my newbie zone which was unchanged since it was part of TBC expansion (I made a Blood Elf) it was quite fun from about level 20 to 61.

They have sped up the pace, levels would pass by. I had some trouble keeping my trade skills up to date. For some time now I've been taking dual gathering to rake in the cash. And just buy what I need. It's been working great. But I had some trouble keeping it up to date with leveling too fast, and leaving the zones I needed.

That evened out after awhile, as leveling slowed down. But, once I reached Outlands everything just kind of came to a halt. There has been some changes to quests I'd swear.. Drop rates for quests amped up. Or spawns more common. But other than that, nothing seems to have been changed. And Northrend wasn't supposed to have been either.

And the boredom has been overwhelming. I tried some PvP Battlegrounds. But it would seems at level 66 they aren't much fun, or rewarding. In the past I had leveled my Rogue from about 73 to 80 almost exclusively through the BGs.

So, it would seem I'm done..again. Who knows for how long this time. Since WoW is a pretty cheap time waster. Too much time really, you never get anything else done. But for $15 a month it's pretty cheap.

I'm mulling over opening up my Gamepass again. But that runs about $32 a month. I have a list that's growing of console titles I want to play. And more coming this year. And over all, they are more rewarding. Since you can affect the story, and be the mover and shaker. Not something that is really possible in a MMO (Although Bioware is apparently trying with SW The Old Republic) so In recent memory I have more joyful memories of the games I was playing oddly enough at this time last year.. Bayonetta, Heavy Rain, Mass Effect 2 than I do the last year of WoW on and off.

No comments:

Post a Comment