Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Saturday, June 4, 2011

Smackdown! 06 / 03 / 11

Well, just to be quick. This was a better week for wrestling than usual, even though the big company is no longer a wrestling company..

Anyway, Smackdown! last night looks like they are turning Christian heel. Well, I guess it's about time. And for me, it all seemed to work out pretty good. I'm liking it, and hopefully things will heat up between him and Orton. And we can have a good match or series of matches in this feud. About the only thing I would like to have seen added as Smackdown! went off the air, would have been for Christian to have flicked the nameplate off of the belt and then put it back around his waist as it fades to black.

And again, I am liking R - Truths work as a heel as well, and his wandering to the crowd and getting into it with the fans (Yes, that specific one was a planted actor) was at the least somewhat entertaining. And I actually hope he keeps the little 'Jimmy' thing going for awhile. I would like to see a slightly more darker bent to him though, hopefully as it goes along.

And finally, what's with the bodyslam coming back anyway?? And where did it ever go?!? Just a reminder to me that wrestling seems to brawl a lot more these days than actual wrestling y'know with moves and holds.

I guess this is where Impact! is headed with wrestling matters supposedly. And I'm told that Ring of Honor is totally slanted to 'Sport' over entertainment. And maybe that's where I can find more of the athletic aspect of the sports entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment