Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Hangover Part II

The Hangover Part II. The continuing adventures of the Wolf pack.

I'm not quite sure if remaking the original movie this soon, in a different location was a masterstroke, or just lazy rehash of the original.. You could kind of look at it, as a mystery.. Every installment places the same comic people in a new location, where they need to locate the missing member..

Anyway, it's not a bad movie by any stretch I don't think. Just like most comedies I seem to go to, it has it funny moments. Just not enough of them.

And this movie they seemed to have honed in the fact that Allan was apparently the comedic genius of the first film. And decided to ratchet him up to 11 in this one. The problem is that he isn't all that funny. Not in large doses anyway. If you've seen the trailers, than you have seen all the best Allan - isms. And I was pretty tired of them by the time I got to 'Due Date' now that I look back on them. Or maybe I should say Zackisms..

This is apparently the second of a trilogy, and supposedly the third installment will be different. And I hope it is. Because as negative as this may come off, I wouldn't mind having another go with the franchise.

Overall, not a bad movie. Not real good. Some laughs, but not enough of them. The monkey was good though.

2.5 stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment