Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Monday, May 17, 2010

Sunday Afternoon Smackdown

Got back yesterday from WWE Smackdown house show. I haven't been to a WWE/F live event since 15 years or so ago. And let me tell you, that back then it was pretty crappy.

We had Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Duke the Dumpster, Doink, JJ, Smoking Guns.. Crappy sound system (Arena fault I would say ) no real matches, a lot of pushing, shoving some punches and kicks and just a total lack luster display.

Flash forward 15 years and we had Cody Rhodes, Rey Mysterio, Big Show, Kelly Kelly, MVP, Shad, Drew, Kofi, Christian.. Good Sound, the ring actually had the WWE Smackdown logo and colors. And the show was good. Just like every Friday night. Pretty much all the spots and finishers. I didn't expect Rey to go all out like he does on PPV or TV. But damn, if he didn't fly around the ring, jumping from the ropes, 619 (Kinda lame move really) and everything. Was a good 2 hr show. If I had anything to complain about, it would be that they had a second show 4 hrs later and a 1 hr or more drive to get there. So, we didn't get to see anyone or autographs.

We did have good seats too. And not on the floor either, just above them. So I could see the whole ring at a nice angle. And not be sitting flat on the floor looking through the ring and past other people.

But, I'll be watching for their next stop through. And hopefully Raw next time so we can see the other side. And hopefully not so rushed so we can try and get some pictures and autographs.

It only took 15 years for me, but I finally feel justified in the money I spent then. That it motivated me to go again and finally see a good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment