Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Saturday, May 29, 2010

Bits and Pieces

Went to see Shrek 4 the other day.. What a steaming pile of crap that was. After about 45 minutes I had to leave the theatre and I felt like standing in the hall for the remainder of the movie.

There was nothing cute, funny or entertaining about the film at all. I went to see How to Train your Dragon earlier this year. That movie only worked on one level, for the kids. But it still wasn't a bad movie at all. Not like the original Shrek and movies of that sort, where there is one layer that entertains the kids. And a second one that appeals to the adults in the audience.

That second layer was missing from Dragon. But, it still managed to be a fair movie for adults and good for kids. Shrek 4 didn't have anything for adults and nothing but the most base entertainment for kids. Who I imagine, never really noticed anyway.

At this point the best kids movie I seen or rather 'Family' movie that had something for young and old alike was last summers G-Force and Band Slam.

In other news I managed to finally finish God of War 3 on PS3. Should have done it sooner, would have got some more trade credit for it than I did when I turned it in.

I found it from a game play standpoint to be much better than GoW I and II. Still had puzzles, but they weren't a frustratingly massive turn off. Since these were supposed to be action games, not puzzlers. I would prefer them to be shorter and more straight forward so as they don't interfere with my killing the enemy. GoW III delivered more than the originals.

Wasn't worth a purchase though, too short. And I almost never play something twice. Challenge levels and what not don't appeal to me at all. So, I bought it on credit, but once I run out of trade credit I won't be buying many more games new. Probably a few when they get to the $25 dollar range. And I will just re-open my gamepass up. When I can finish a game every 2 weeks or so when I work at it. They just arn't worth the $70 price tags and be lucky to get $30 back.

No comments:

Post a Comment