Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Sunday, May 23, 2010

Russell of the Hood

Went to see Robin Hood. I liked it better than Prince of Thieves. But, I also haven't seen PoT in quite some time. Somehow I don't think it will be much better now, seeing as how Costner is still in it (Yes, he has some good movies.. Bull Durham and Untouchables for two.. )

This one seemed to be more of the Lord of the Rings of the Hood. A more gritty and realistic take. No real comedy, swashbuckling or anything of the sort. Which was good. King John was great, I liked his performance. Crowes was alright, nothing to write home about. I like Max Von Sydow better as well as the Marshall ( Hurt ).

Well worth seeing, borderline on whether you should wait for a rental or fork out for a theatre ticket. Was a little too long. And the big surprise, is this isn't really Robin Hood but the prequel. So, naming the movie Robin Hood was kind of a cheat.

Dare I say no Oscars for this one..

No comments:

Post a Comment