Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wall Street Money Never Sleeps

Managed to make it in to see it this weekend. I hadn't seen the original in years and years. I liked the movie, was pretty good.

I could see how people would find it boring, with all the financial mumbo jumbo for like two hours. I know I didn't understand it. The character reactions kept me on track on whether it was good news or bad news once it all got a little in depth.

Performances were good, I was a little surprised at how the woman who played Shia's fiance Gekkos daughter, was able to cry on command and turn the water works on. Maybe they kept the onions on hand.

Overall, a worthy sequel that felt like a natural continuation of the original and even had some nice appearances from old faces. Namely Oliver Stone himself, and Charlie Sheen. And Sheen wasn't just a walk on. He had some lines, and a neat catch up of what happened while Gordon was in jail.

3 stars our of 5. Go see it if you liked the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment