Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Sunday, September 19, 2010

DEVIL

This was a pleasant surprise. I guess it may go to show that M. Night may be better placed these days in the idea department and let other people run with it, putting together the scripts and directing the movies.

This movie turned out plenty entertaining. And the movie focused on the cast stuck in an elevator for the whole movie, wasn't as boring or anything as I would have thought. Reminded me a lot of Clue the movie without the comedy.

Who killed who, with what and when.. Seeing as every time the lights went out, someone was going to die. Also felt a lot like an extended episode of Twilight Zone..

I wouldn't quite call it a horror movie at all, more of a Thriller to me. If anything I was dissappointed in that the 'Devil' wasn't quite as creepy or supernatural as I would have liked. The black contact lenses are just done to death. I would have prefferred a spectre like entity with horns and some smoldering or something that just fades away at the end when he loses.

Well worth seeing, and hopefully we won't have to wait 2 years for the next one..

3.5 stars our of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment