Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Friday, September 17, 2010

True Blood

I guess last Sunday was the season finale.. I was hoping it wasn't so maybe something good would have happened this season. It would seem that every season just seems to get worse.

Looking at the show after having read all the books (Which were fantastic) is certainly a downer. There is so much material that they could be using, especially with 12 or 13 episode seasons there just is no excuse for the crap that the last two seasons have been.

I can't think of any real way to describe it except as a mess. This season more so than last, I didn't like the whole Maryanne thing. But this season.. Well, Russell was fun to watch. And I like most of the characters. It's just what their doing with them. I feel like they are throwing stuff at the wall to see what sticks.. And just plucking them out of the books at Random. Vampire King - Check, Were Panthers involved with Jason - Check, Alienate Bill - Check, Fairies - Check, Introduce Al Herveaux - Check.. I mean I just felt lost and adrift trying to watch this week to week. When I know the books had so much that could have been adapted sensibly. And certainly with short seasons would have lasted long enough for them..

Ick.. Well, heres hoping next season is better. It would almost have to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment