Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cop Out

I also finally got around to seeing this movie. After hearing so much about it, and I didn't realize that it was a Kevin Smith movie. As much as I like Kev. I don't actually like many of his movies. Dogma is about the only one I really like.

I guess the drama surrounding this film was that he directed and what not. But it was basically a studio film. And that got all his fanboys into a lather that he sold out. I don't care, he took a job. If only we all could take a temp job and get paid hundreds of thousands or a few million for it.

Anyway, this is a buddy cop movie with Tracy Morgan and Bruce Willis. Maybe I'm not much for comedies anymore. The good ones I liked were all like twenty years ago. This movie was probably pretty average. As much as I kinda like Morgan I was getting tired of listening to his constant chatter. And Willis wasn't bad. The movie had it's moments and a few chuckle spots. And I liked the use of the Beverly Hills Cop music tossed around. As I'm sure that's what I was hearing.

Over all I'd say a good 2.5 stars out of 5. Glad I rented and not paid to see it at the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment