Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Last Airbender

Managed to get to this movie. Was a pretty decent movie. Special FX were good, acting was Ok. Story wast serviceable, not ground breaking. Overall a pretty decent Asian style fantasy movie.

And if it weren't for the fact that it apparently cost almost $300 million total out the door to threatres I'd be interested in the 2 proposed sequels. But with that high a cost, and only $16 million taken in (Find out the whole weekend total by Monday I imagine) it's not looking too good.

As for the avalanche of negative reviews.. I'm not entirely sure what to think about all their claims. I found the new Twilight movie to be the best of the 3. And a lot better than I expected. But Avatar was far better. Maybe it just appeals to me more, with the elemental powers, martial arts and the asian flavour.

For what it's worth I don't know much of anything about the source material at all. Never seen a single episode of the cartoon.

And with all the flops that M. Night has put out since Unbreakable this would be his sole decent effort since then.

I think this movie isn't deserving of all the negativity that it's getting. If there was one thing I would really complain about, it's that the movie really didn't seem to have an end. And with the sequels in question. The story is started, but unfinished. And leaving the theatre I was annoyed at only seeing about 1/3rd of a movie (Story)

No comments:

Post a Comment