Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Transformers Prime Wave 1 and 1.5

In probably the easiest launch for me to date. I was able to get all of the Prime wave one items at retail. Even Voyager Bulkhead. And right through the holidays I seen them all on the shelves.

I am quite pleased with them. They look fantastic, reminds me a lot of Animated. The figures look very much like the on screen characters that they represent. I know that there are some small details with the figures that don't quite match up. But over all they look great.

There is one exception, however. Deluxe Bumblebee.. He looks good in both modes, but transforming him into robot mode was 'fussy' and his chest and upper torso just seems to be a floppy, jointed mess going on. And I have a difficult time getting him to pose half decently. If memory serves both him and Cliffjumper are getting a new mold in the main line this year. So I hope they get him fixed up.

Megatron and Starscream look like they walked out of the screen. Very nice. Voyager Prime is far and away much nicer looking than the deluxe version. And Cliffjumper as well looks awesome. I especially like the dual hidden blasters in his arms. I wish Prime and 'Bee would have come with two guns. As well as a set of guns would have been nice for Arcee.

Overall, a fantastic start. And I look forward to seeing the Vehicons, Soundwave, Wheeljack and the others. Hopefully with staggered release. After 2011 my wallet could certainly use a break.

Update..

I figured out Bumblebees mess of a chest.. The two sections do clip and become a lot more solid. But you end up covering up the Autobot symbol on his chest when everything is clipped together right. And this way the doors on his back fold out properly as well. He is much more stable this way, but you can't really see his Autobot symbol on his chest any longer.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, all of them? Lucky! I still haven't seen any, but part of that may be due to me refusing to go to retail stores between December 5th and December 31st. Maybe its time I ventured out again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only seen two Voyager Bulkhead and I bought one. And the other one was still on the shelf right up to the Tuesday after Xmas when I last checked.

    I was surprised, I figured they would be mostly cleaned out by Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found a few of the deluxes mid-December, but nothing since then. The only figure I want that I haven't seen/bought right now is Cliffjumper. I'm passing on Megs and I'm on the fence about Bulkhead.

    ReplyDelete