Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

After hearing about the books for months, the original language edition of the movies came and went. And then the weirdly bizarre and interesting trailers for the American verions (Not too mention the Muppet version). I finally went to see the movie.

I knew going in that I would like the cast. Especially Craig and Plummer. Althought, it was too bad that Plummer fades away and doesn't get to make a re-appearance until the end of the film.

But I will say that this was a great movie. I am glad that Fincher was apparently uncompromising when making the film. I think that some movies need to be 'R' rated movies. And shouldn't be watered / dumbed down just so they can wring a few more bucks out of them with a wider audience.

I enjoyed the investigation and mystery of the movie. Even if I did see where big points were going miles away. It was still enjoyable to follow through the case with the characters and see where it was all going.

I plan to now read the books, since I don't want to wait for the rest of the movies. Not too mention, that it seems Fincher isn't locked in and may not return. Not too say that the next two could be worse or better. But it would be nice to have the principals all involved again.

4 stars out of 5



No comments:

Post a Comment