Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Saturday, July 16, 2011

Miscellaneous Items

Been watching a lot of series lately, and they are all taking turns. So I haven't finished up much. So, this is what I have been watching

Life on Mars (U.S. Version) Turning out to be a pretty good how. Kind of wish I had of watched it when it was on. Too bad that it got cancelled, but at least it sounds like they were able to have an ending.

Community - Sitcom, I did finish season one, and am now catching up on Season two. And the show just seems to get better. And I don't usually care for too many comedies on television. Or movies for that matter. Although the themed episodes seem to be better. And the Halloween episodes seem to rival The Simpsons to me for entertainment value.

Breaking Bad - Coming back this Sunday for season four. And I can't wait. Been an awesome show so far.

Torchwood Miracle Day - New series finally, only seen the first episode so far. But if it's on the level with the last series should be pretty good.

Haven - Based on Kings work, which I am normally not much of a fan of. Only seen the first episode so far. But, not real impressed yet. Seems like just another X - Files weird happening show.

Leverage - New season is airing. Been a fan of this show since season one.

Damages - New season of this legal drama type show is airing.. Been a great show, don't expect the current season to be a let down.

True Blood - The new season is looking better than last, but they have strayed so far from the books it's anyone's guess. Having read all the books but the last one I don't see why they had to. There was lots of material to keep them busy with only 13 episode seasons for awhile I would have thought.

Falling Skies - Jericho meets V.. Good show so far..

Game of Thrones - Best thing I have seen bar none pretty much, in a long time. Season two can't come soon enough.

Money in the Bank coming up tomorrow night, hard to see how this won't be interesting. But could also lead to some big disappointments in the end. Let's hope they swerve everyone and put on a fantastic finish with Punk.

Harry Potter opens this weekend, looks good. But we all know how misleading trailers can be. And Captain America and Cowboys and Aliens are coming up..

Thinking about opening WoW account again.. Tried the 7 Day Firelands trial and it was so - so .. Can't quite remember the groove to playing half my classes but one. Not sure I want to continue the grind to 85 on all of them. But with no place to rent PS3 titles here anymore, not much else to play with. Maybe Diablo 3 before next spring. Battlefield 3 looked nice, loved that series in the past. But the leaked recommended specs are just way too high for me.

Do have a few console titles to finish up, but just haven't felt like it. Dragon Age 2 was quite fun, but I took a few days off from it. And just never got back into it. Same thing for WWE All Stars and Red Dead Redemption.

And I haven't turned the XBox on in months. And with no place to rent Gears of War 3 this fall I probably won't. If I buy any console game between now and the end of the year it will have to be Mass Effect 3. What a phenomenal series.

And I did pick up an extra Battle Blades Bumblebee so I could have one for alt mode. Sincel Bee has rubbed off on me more since TF3. But now I think I will have to get the DoTM Leader Bee since he has apparently official Stealth Force Alt mode that looks awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment