Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

THOR

Took in Thor over the weekend. The latest in Marvels assault on the box office this year.

I have to say that it was a much better movie than I expected it to be. As usual the reviews I picked up didn't do it much justice. I liked the scenes and surrounding action on Asgard, much more interesting than any of the movie that was on earth.

It's too bad they went to earth at all, I would have preferred an expanded story up front all from Asgard and then at the end have Thor expelled. And leave it to a sequel. And have Thor 2 entirely on earth dealing with Thors issues.

As it were, I like the actor for Thor. Natalie Portmans performance seemed to be weak. But then, we know she can act (Star Wars not withstanding, and a good example of) when she has good material.

Anthony Hopkins was great as Odin. No problem with him at all.

If I had one solid complaint, it was the fact that I had to see it in 3D. I found the movie suffered from it. Some things just looked bad, like Thors flight scenes. They would have have looked a lot better in 2D. I haven't checked, but I get the impression that this was one of those movies that 3D was tacked onto.

In the end the movie was an enjoyable action comic book movie, and was worth the trip. Far better than Daredevil was..

3 Stars out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment