Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Monday, November 1, 2010

The Fall

Finished reading book two in the new Modern Vampire trilogy by Del Torro and Hogan. Was a great book, and once again will be a long wait for the final chapter.

The book made me a little nervous when they started with the ancient group of master vampires. I was more interested in their being a lone ancient who was going to corrupt the earth. But, I had nothing to be concerned with. Since the rogue master eliminated them rather quickly. And the Earth is collapsing into some kind of post apocalyptic future.

Rumors were that there will be a movie in the works. Hopefully he gets to do it himself, which I presume is the plan. But stranger things have happened in Hollywood.

But, this really kicks the snot out of everything vampire related I've seen or read recently. This series would be my #1 followed by True Blood and then Twilight. I will admit that could arguably be three different genres catering to three different audiences. But from the vampire aspects this is my order. And I did enjoy them all for different reasons.

4 out of 5 stars. Read it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment