Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Kick My Ass

Someone should have for bothering to go see this movie. Right off the bat, let's be clear that I liked the cast. The look of the movie, and seemed to be the right length. Unfortunately the story seemed to be a bit of a mess.

I felt that it should probably of had several more rewrites. But my biggest problem would have been that the story seemed to try and walk too thin of a line between Kick Ass and Big Daddy & Hit Girl. More focus to either side, reducing the other to a side story would have worked a lot better for me.

A movie about the violent vigilante justice of BD and Hit Girl on their quest to clean up the crime and seek revenge against the crime boss as the main focus or more of a teen action / comedy about Kick Ass trying to live his dream of being a real superhero but getting the shit kicked out of him. While he sees the news about the two real vigilantes that he'll never live up to would have been much better. But we get is a half and half that doesn't seem to mesh in either direction.

I never heard of the comic before now, so haven't read it. From what I can find out, the movie is quite close to it. But, I have to believe that it is probably better.

Oh, and Red Mist.. who didn't know he would be a turn coat..Would have been better had he really thrown in with Kick Ass instead of just working for his father. (And yes I remember that he seemed to be really torn about his father taking Kick Ass in with BD & HG)

No comments:

Post a Comment