Copyright (C) 2010 - 2013. The Purple Knight / Random Scholar. All rights reserved. No part of this blog or content are to be reproduced without express written permission.


Saturday, May 12, 2012

Classics Bumblebee Upgrade Kit

I decided that since I liked the original Beezleboss Devil Horns upgrade kit for Classics Cliffjumper that I would get the Growing Pains kit for my spare RTS Bumblebee. I didn't know how well it would look since I didn't have a United Gold Colored version of the mold. But figure I would try it anyway.

The kit came in a tiny little box, which is of no real surprise since all it is is a head and two pistols. I kind of wish the guns were a little heftier, but they are pretty cool. And I like the head sculpt just fine.

The plastic seems to be of pretty good quality, and the details are nice. No complaints there.

The only thing I could see is I do wish it was a little cheaper, by around $5 to $10. It would have been a lot nicer to have the kit be around $20 to $25 instead of $29.99. But over all, I am satisfied with it. And my new Goldbug looks very nice with the upgrades.

Installation was simple, just one small screw to change out the head and it's all done.

Here is the picture of him alongside my classics 'Bee with his FP Pistol from the G3 Trailer.


1 comment:

  1. Nice! I just grabbed this as well and they do a great job. Here's hoping for some more characters!

    ReplyDelete